Thursday, June 23, 2011

Honk Honk!


Today was a good day. This morning I rented a car and drove in Britain for the first time. As you may already know, they drive on the left. I am pleased to announce that I did not cause any accidents, hit any pedestrians, or get whatever the British equivalent of the finger is. (Actually, the British equivalent of the finger is the finger, FYI.)


I went to Port Isaac, where they were filming one of my favorite shows, "Doc Martin." One of the streets was closed off due to a scene being shot with the lovely Catherine Catz. It was a very short scene that they kept repeating, and the whole process was taking a long time because of the crowd of gawkers, and the cars that occasionally had to be allowed through. I watched for some time, but there was no sign of Martin Clunes. I am looking forward to seeing Season 5 of "Doc Martin" just for this very short, very special scene.


So here's the dorky picture of me in front of Doc Martin's house. I asked a couple to take my picture, it being a totally tourist thing to do. I asked them to yell "tosser!" at me, and they laughed, but they didn't do it. (Makes sense if you've seen the show.)

I finished the day by driving out to Rough Tor, a story that I will leave off telling here, instead asking you to head over to Jon Nichols's "Strange Horizons," where he'll be putting it up soon (hopefully). I did manage not to have a heart attack, so hooray Bernard!

No comments:

Post a Comment