Thursday, June 16, 2011

C'est Montreal!

I'm on a budget, so here in Montreal, I've chosen to stick around the neighborhood of the motel. So what can be seen in this mostly industrial park?

I saw the Canada Post lockout. Without getting too far into it, they've been doing rolling strikes for 2 weeks, until management decided to lock them out.


I also went to a restaurant called Chez e'pere Gedeon. Apparently it's a Montreal-style Hooters, where the waitresses are supposed to be in bikinis. (I swear I didn't know this going in.) They weren't, but they were in Daisy Dukes. I ordered the Moules et Frites. I didn't know what moules were.


Moules are mussels. Not my thing, but my girlfriend would have liked them a lot. Also a bit more expensive than I had anticipated, but I'm going to give myself a pass, since United is taking care of my dinner.

In a couple of hours, it's off to the P.E. Trudeau airport for a second try at flying to London. That's it for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment