Wednesday, September 21, 2011

15 July 2011: This Wooden O

On my third trip to the Globe, I visited the Globe Museum. What fun it was! It was packed with props and goodies from prior performances. For instance, here we have the three boxes from The Merchant of Venice. Here's a hint: take the lead one.



Avenge me, Hamlet! Will do, pop, but only if you lend me that kick-ass armor of yours.


Outside the theater there are stones inscribed with the names of some fairly famous donors. These two are to be found right outside the entrance. Close by you can also find a stone inscribed with "The Dark Lady," someone clearly having some fun by referencing the famed Dark Lady of the sonnets.


The gift shop is also pretty flipping cool. I bought a "Doctor Faustus" t-shirt, but I would have loved to snag the following hoodie, which quotes Henry VIII:


My wife would have loved to have the following tee celebrating Macbeth. Out, out, damn spot! Maybe if you soak it in selzer water and then wash it in cold water.



I bought a DVD of a Globe performance of Romeo and Juliet. Seriously, I wanted pretty much everything in the gift shop, being such an Anglophile/English Geek/Fan of the Bard.



Thanks, Globe Theater, for helping me to laugh at love again!

No comments:

Post a Comment