Sunday, July 3, 2011

Comic Book Crawl in Camden Town


Tomorrow, I leave Ilford for good and head to Scotland for a couple of days. So today was a light day...laundry, getting organized, and a comic book crawl.

Oh, yes. A comic book crawl.

In central London there are a handful of different comic book stores, and I've noticed that each one is situatated within a 5-minute walk of their respective tube stations. How cool is that? Mega City Comics for instance, is located in Camden Town near Regent's Park. Now CT is one of the cooler markets I've seen, and it's easy to find a Sex Pistols t-shirt, or a floor-length leather coat, or a tattoo of a goat-devil.

Also, while you're eating your lunch, why not watch one of the narrow boats go through the locks? I knew how it worked, but I've never seen it before. Pretty cool.

What comics did I get? Mark Waid and Mirco Pierfederici's Ruse, a copy of The Simpsons, and a Dark Horse title called Silke. Something for the train ride tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment